|January 10, 2012 - April 30, 2012|
|Location:||North Salt Lake City, UT|
|Salary Range:||Depends Upon Experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The outcomes that the person filling this position is responsible for achieving are to produce scheduled parts with high labor productivity & low costs, high quality levels, and no injuries. Major tactics and abilities that will support this include:
•Creating a team culture of harmony, team members practicing mature behavior, collaborative and effective problem solving, common sense approach, rapid response,
- Good communication skills, including
- Explain to team members the “Why?” behind assignments oLiberal sharing of information with operators
- Good multi-tasking, time management skills
- Manage set up of work place Success determined by productivity and cost control, quality, reportable injuries; minor injuries reported (the higher the better); Kaizen suggestions implemented. Tactical Objectives (Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely)
- Apply 5S principles (Sort, Set-in-Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) in collaboration with team members within 1 month to consistently achieve an organized workplace.
- Kaizens. Achieve goal of 1 suggestion implemented per team member each month within 2 months. *Train team members on all documented ISO 9000 processes and procedures within 3 months.
- One major kaizen (involving the entire team) within 6 months.
- Conduct daily workplace audits – where do we stand (turnover with other lead),
- Line up work for the crew daily
- Address issues that employees have with attendance, quality, productivity, safety, participation, following processes and procedures, etc.
- Communicate needs and issues with equipment and fixtures with maintenance support personnel
- Communicate needs and issues with parts with production support personnel
- Conduct daily training daily - safety minute, quality issues, production issues, priorities, etc.
- Training weekly (safety - 5 minute modules)
- Conduct stretching exercises
- Manage to production procedures
- Manpower assessment and any needed follow-up
- Perform assessment of associates – development plans by operator (capitalize on strengths)
Requirements - skills, experience, education, behaviors/abilities
- Computer literacy with Windows, e-mail and Excel
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 to 3 years of experience supervising people
- Experience with principles of lean manufacturing
- Works collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to improve quality, reduce costs, and improve delivery performance of parts or products.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English. Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish is a plus Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.