Product Engineer, Mechanical
|March 23, 2012 - April 30, 2012|
|Location:||North Salt Lake City, UT|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:|| The Product Engineer is a high performing, creative individual who is capable of creating world class mechanical designs in a dynamic environment. He/she is skilled at dealing with all aspects of core engineering, product development, product design, intellectual property and patents. He/she will bring ideas from concept phase to high volume manufacturing.|
- Manage multiple product development projects which may include the following steps: product conceptualization, preliminary design, prototyping, project/budget presentations to executive level steering committees, final design, product tooling, testing, debugging, and product release.
- Lead and/or support continuous improvement efforts for existing timers and sensors.
- Manage available resources and lead product development teams to develop products that meet cost, quality and timing targets.
- Understand the engineering principles that relate to each product line and remain current with new engineering procedures, practices, and technologies.
- Assist in the management of all related intellectual property documentation (i.e., patent applications, issued patents, product markings, trademarks, non-disclosure agreements, etc.) and interface with patent attorneys as needed on a per project basis.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong engineering background: Well-rounded mechanical experience and/or education.
- Strong grasp of fluid mechanics
- Experienced in material selection and failure analysis
- Industrial Design experience a plus.
- Must be able to take customer needs and create highly functional and attractive designs.
- Experience creating user interfaces and designing for usability a plus.
- Experience with plastics and processes a plus.
- 3D CAD software experience a must (Solid Works experience a plus).
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a logical, yet creative thinker.
- Excellent people skills, great team player, with ability to inspire creativity in others.
- Strong leadership qualities, can-do attitude and drive for results appr
- Must be able to apply creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering and business situations.
- Must be able to make authoritative decisions based on sound engineering and business principles and make smart, honest decisions under pressure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years' experience in mechanical engineering
- Must be capable of international travel
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (on occasion)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.