|June 19, 2013 - July 03, 2013|
|Location:||North Salt Lake City, UT|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Orbit is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of irrigation and watering products in the world. We distribute more than 2,000 products to retail accounts, landscapers, gardeners, and homeowners in 40 countries across five continents. One of Orbit's Core Values is to have the right Associate in each position, we intend to recruit and retain the best. We currently have an opening for a Cost Accountant.|
Orbit prides itself on being an Employer of Choice in the Salt Lake Valley by offering fulltime Associates with medical, dental, vision insurance, 401 (k), profit sharing, paid time off, short/long term disability, life insurance, discounted UTA Eco Pass, and much more.
The Cost Accountant will maintain product costing, prepare capital expenditure requests, maintain capital budget, and maintain fixed assets. This person will work with general supervision and will function as the product cost expert and educate other staff members about product costing as necessary.
|Duties:||Duties and Responsibilities:|
• In-depth knowledge of our product line
• Involvement in engineering changes, procurement and manufacturing processes
o Capital budgeting, cost estimates, and capital expenditure approvals
• Accurate "fully burdened" product costing
o Product cost maintenance (standard costing)
o Production MRP system cost rollups and analysis
o Finished goods cost burden updates and analysis
o Fixed asset tracking and depreciation absorption
o Cost-increase impact analysis and approvals (including commodity tracking)
o System audits and integrity checks
o Review margin reports for costing issues
o Year-end audit duties
• Develops or modifies policies and procedures
• Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews data; reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities of Cost Accountant:
• Knowledge of software and manufacturing systems (Bills of material, MRP, Fixed Asset software)
• Ability to utilize SQL and Excel for efficient reporting and analyses
• Knowledge of manufacturing efficiency measures
• Use logic to analyze underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw relevant and appropriate conclusions
• Work with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
• Establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives
• Communicate analyses and information clearly, concisely and effectively
• Read, interpret and apply policies and/or procedures
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic and focus on continuous improvement
• Bachelor's degree in accounting is preferred.
• Fixed Asset accounting experience or equivalent education.
• Proficient in Excel (formulas, macros, pivot tables, graphs).
• Experience with bills of material and ERP/MRP systems is preferred.
• SQL reporting experience is a preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.