|June 25, 2013 - July 09, 2013|
|Location:||North Salt Lake City, UT|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Orbit is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of irrigation and watering products in the world. We distribute more than 2,000 products to retail accounts, landscapers, gardeners, and homeowners in 40 countries across five continents. One of Orbit's Core Values is to have the right Associate in each position, we intend to recruit and retain the best. We currently have an opening for a Production Supervisor.|
The Production Supervisor is responsible for producing products that meet quality requirements, at or below standard labor levels, on time, and without injury.
|Duties:||• Spend time regularly in the factory to understand production needs and issues 1st hand in order to be able to lead from "the front".|
• Continuously identify performance improvement opportunities and realize them.
o Continuously improve processes and operations through application of basic manufacturing principles such as 5S, standardized work, quick set-up, pull manufacturing, cellular manufacturing, point-of-use storage, quality at the source, defect analysis, measures, etc.
• Craft goals and objectives that support company vision and goals. Develop tactics to accomplish these objectives. Lead team leaders & production associates to develop and achieve goals and objectives
• Identify manpower needs and develop associates skills and abilities.
• Create a positive culture characterized by collaborative and effective problem solving, bias for action & improvement, motivating, and mature behavior.
• Spend time where value is created to understand the full scope of issues, and then lead problem solving and improvement from a position of knowledge and experience.
• Be collaborative and synergistic with employees, peers, and leaders.
• Motivate others to achieve goals and objectives.
• Own outcomes and results; assume responsibility for driving and achieving targeted outcomes.• Frequent and effective communicator of company vision and group goals and in training and mentoring employees in their roles.• Possess an understanding of basic manufacturing principles (lean, 6 sigma, etc.)
• Ability to identify relevant issues and prioritize. Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to achieve goals and objectives.
• Must be computer literate with proficiency with word processor, spread sheet, presentation software, calendaring, e-mail, and internet.
• 3+ years of experience in manufacturing leadership role
• Experience applying lean manufacturing principles
High school diploma. Advanced studies or degree in business or manufacturing engineering a plus.
This position may be Day or Swing Shift.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.